- Nissan Micra now available with New NissanConnect
- All-new infotainment system offers seamless and intuitive integration of driver and vehicle
- Enhances driver's experience thanks to voice recognition, customisable homescreen, single line search and Find My Car
- Apple CarPlay / Android Auto standard on Acenta grade and above
- Over The Air (OTA) map and software updates available via smartphone or wifi
LISBON, Portugal – Nissan's all-new infotainment system with significantly enhanced functionality is now available in the Micra hatchback.
New NissanConnect is an all-new advanced infotainment system which further enhances the relationship between driver and vehicle. The benefit for customers is seamless and intuitive integration of their smartphone with the vehicle, plus the ability to download Over The Air (OTA) map and software updates. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are included as standard on all grades except entry level Visia.
Users are encouraged to download an all-new app – called Door to Door Navigation – to their smartphone. This unlocks enhanced functionality, such as planning a route before they leave their home or office on their phone. Once complete, they can send the destination directly to the car to start route guidance the moment they're behind the wheel.
New NissanConnect also features TomTom Premium Traffic, which provides highly accurate real-time traffic data to optimise travel time.
Access to New NissanConnect is via a seven-inch head unit integrated centrally into the dashboard. With multi-touch capability, its new features include:
- Single line search: this new functionality in the navigation system speeds up and simplifies the process of finding a location
- Personalisation: the homescreen is fully customisable via ‘drag and drop' functionality so users can set up short cuts for regular tasks
- Voice recognition: accessed through the revised steering wheel buttons, making phone calls, having messages read out and controlling music can all be carried out by voice command
- Apple Carplay and Android Auto: standard on Acenta, N-Connecta, N-Sport and Tekna grades of the Nissan Micra
- 2D Maps: standard for improved clarity, plus multi-touch capability to zoom in and out for enhanced detail or a wider view
- Find My Car: the parking point can be logged as users flip the navigation back to their smartphone to walk to their final destination
- Premium Traffic powered by TomTom: accurate real-time traffic information provides on-the-go rerouting to minimise journey time. This service is free for five years, and transferrable to second and subsequent owners
- Door to Door Navigation app: Available from the Apple Store or Google Play, the customer downloads this to their smartphone to access the full functionality of New NissanConnect
- Plan a trip before leaving / send destination to car: In conjunction with the Door to Door Navigation app, user can identify their destination on their smartphone when at home or in the office then send it to their Micra. Route guidance will begin as soon as they start the vehicle
- OTA software and map updates: customers can download these at their convenience via wifi or their smartphone's data package
The instrument cluster display – located between the two dials directly in front of the driver – has also been redesigned to show additional information when receiving phone calls or SMS text messages. It also displays turn-by-turn route guidance.
# # #
Notes for editors
Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android Auto is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
For reasons outside of Nissan's control, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are not available in all European countries. When they are available they will be supported by New NissanConnect units.
For further details please contact:
Catherine Perrelle, Nissan Europe Communication Manager, CPerrelle@nissan-europe.com
Richard Yarrow, Nissan Europe Communication Manager, Richard.Yarrow@nissan.co.uk
Lilia Bednarek, Nissan Europe Communication Section Manager, Lilia.Bednarek@nissan.co.uk
About Nissan in Europe
Nissan has one of the most comprehensive European presences of any overseas manufacturer, employing more than 17,000 staff across locally-based design, research & development, manufacturing, logistics and sales & marketing operations. Last year Nissan plants in the UK, Spain and Russia produced more than 660,000 vehicles including award-winning crossovers, commercial vehicles and the Nissan LEAF, the world's most popular electric vehicle. Pursuing a goal of zero emissions and zero fatalities on the road, Nissan is leading the field with its vision of Intelligent Mobility. Designed to guide Nissan's product and technology pipeline, this 360 degree approach to the future of mobility will anchor critical company decisions around how cars are powered, how cars are driven, and how cars integrate into society. Nissan is positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe.
About Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. Nissan is a global full-line vehicle manufacturer that sells more than 60 models under the Nissan, INFINITI and Datsun brands. In fiscal year 2017, the company sold 5.77 million vehicles globally, generating revenue of 11.9 trillion yen. On April 1, 2017, the company embarked on Nissan M.O.V.E. to 2022, a six-year plan targeting a 30% increase in annualized revenues to 16.5 trillion yen by the end of fiscal 2022, along with cumulative free cash flow of 2.5 trillion yen. As part of Nissan M.O.V.E. to 2022, the company plans to extend its leadership in electric vehicles, symbolized by the world's best-selling all-electric vehicle in history, the Nissan LEAF. Nissan's global headquarters in Yokohama, Japan, manages operations in six regions: Asia & Oceania; Africa, the Middle East & India; China; Europe; Latin America; and North America. Nissan has a global workforce of 247,500 and has been partnered with French manufacturer Renault since 1999. In 2016, Nissan acquired a 34% stake in Mitsubishi Motors. Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi is today the world's largest automotive partnership, with combined sales of more than 10.6 million vehicles in calendar year 2017.
For more information about our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit nissan-global.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and see all our latest videos on YouTube.